Guidelines for Healthy Flying with Freebird Airlines
For airlines, the current position of COVID-19 pandemic means that they have to operate under exceptional circumstances. The current situation calls for a series of measures that Freebird Airlines implements in order to carry out its operation as safely as possible for passengers and crew. We have reviewed and raised our standards with additional measures to ensure safe and healthy travel. These measures are in line with information and instructions from Civil Aviation Authorities, the World Health Organisation (WHO), European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), International Air Transport Association (IATA) and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
Safety is Our Top Priority!
To protect passengers and employees during this public health crisis, we as Freebird Airlines:
- Are continuously and closely monitoring the developments with respect to the COVID-19.
- Respect and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our passengers and employees.
- Are proactively implementing enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- Aircraft on all our network are disinfected and sterilized after each flight. To avoid contamination, all surfaces, including seat tables, arm rests, lavatories (including doorknobs, sinks) and/or any area where crew or passengers may touch during a flight, are disinfected with approved disinfectants. Sterilization is performed with electrostatic sprayers and nebulizers.
- Fever check is performed on all passengers, crew and service personnel when entering the aircraft with thermal scanners, if not previously scanned before arrival at the aircraft).
- Passengers are required to wear masks throughout their journey from check-in until they disembark the aircraft.
- Vacant seats are being pre-allocated in between individual passengers or family groups to observe social distancing protocols when possible.
- Cabin baggage is not accepted on flights. Carry-on items allowed in the cabin are limited to personal items such as a laptop, handbag, briefcase, or baby items.
- Magazines and other printed reading material are temporarily unavailable.
- Service on-board is adopted and simplified to ensure social (physical) distancing and to avoid minimize the risk of contamination.
- Cabin crew are wearing personal protective equipment, including face masks during the entire flight and gloves and visors when serving meals and beverages or as required.
- Antibacterial cleansing wipes are available in the cabin and lavatories are equipped with hand sanitizers.
All aircraft operated by Freebird Airlines flights are utilized with HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestors) aircraft filtration systems. HEPA filters continuously circulate air and capture up to 99.97% of dust particles and airborne contaminants such as viruses and bacteria.
Safety Guidelines for Our Passengers
- Check and ensure that you are fit to fly and free of COVID-19 disease symptoms (fever, cough and difficulty breathing). Please refer to the websites of your national and local health authorities or to the website of the World Health Organisation (WHO) for the latest information as they are updated regularly.
- Check and be familiar with measures taken and the rules in force and at your departure and destination airports.
- Make sure that you have enough personal masks and hygiene equipment for your entire journey. We recommend you wear a mask the moment you step out of your home. Since single use surgical face masks should be changed every four hours or when wet or soiled, you must bring extra masks and hygienic hand wipes to last you the duration of your journey. Used masks should be put into personal waste bag without touching the front surface of the mask.
- Check the size and weight of your hand luggage! In order to minimize physical contact with your environment, you can take personal and valuable belongings with you in the permitted size (max. 40x30x15 cm, max. 4 kg.) as cabin baggage. Your unused cabin baggage allowance will be added to your check-in baggage allowance.
- To compensate for the revised procedures, you are recommended to be 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure at the check-in counter.
Please be advised that the check-in counter closes 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- Follow the local rules in force at your departure airport. Respect social (physical) distancing rule and avoid crowd to protect yourself and others! Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and others. Minimize the use of facilities.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- While on the way to the departure gate, please allow additional time for the modified airport security and screening processes.
- Social (physical) distancing shall be respected during boarding. Hence, boarding will be performed in groups from rear to the front. Avoid crowd and respect and hygienic rules.
- You may be checked for fever with thermal scanner, if you were not previously checked at the airport before arriving the aircraft.
- You will receive a personal care kit with a spare face mask and disinfectant wipes.
- Always wear your face mask while on-board. Replace (change) your mask at least every 4 hours or when wet or soiled. Used masks should be put into personal waste bag or the sickness bag without touching the front surface of the mask.
- Follow the instructions and announcements of crew.
- Minimize the use of lavatories. Please note that the forward lavatory may be reserved for crew use only. Avoid queuing in the aisles for the use of lavatories.
- Remain seated with your seat belt fastened as much as possible.
- Regularly thoroughly clean your hands with disinfecting wipes or wash them with soap and water.
- Note that magazines, printed reading material, blankets and pillows will not be available.
- You are required to complete the Passenger Locator Card (PLC) before leaving the aircraft. Passenger Locator Cards will be delivered to all passengers on board by cabin crew.
- Disembarkation (leaving the aircraft will be from front to the end while respecting social (physical) distancing and avoiding crowd in aisle. Before getting off from your seat, please follow instructions and announcements of the cabin crew.
- Please follow rules in force and at your arrival airport and keep your face mask on until you leave the terminal.