Flights Arriving to Egypt
Egypt Health Regulations During COVID-19:
A Health Declaration form should be available on all the international flights and to be filled by the Passengers before boarding the flight (at the departure airport) and to be delivered to The Quarantine Authorities upon arrival into Egyptian airports.
- Passengers arriving to HRG will hand over the health declaration form to the cabin crew;
- Passengers arriving to SSH, will hand over the health declaration form to quarantine doctor in arrival hall.
Passenger arriving with COVID-19 vaccination certificate:
- Will check PCR test results and it must be issued by an authorized accredited laboratory by the country of issuing and with a QR code and does not contain scraping, cancellation or addition.
- Will conduct ID Now COVID-19 Rapid Nucleic Acid Amplification Test, and in case of Positive result a PCR test will be done for them in arrival airport, In case of Positive result they will be moved to quarantine hospital.
*Arriving passenger holding a COVID-19 vaccination certificate from countries where the coronavirus has not been mutated (direct or not direct) since previous 14 days, the certificate for vaccination will be checked Issued by an accredited laboratory in the issuing country.
Linked with a QR Code and does not contain scraping, cancellation or addition, and will be accepted after checking the issuing party.
*Vaccines will be accepted if it is holding the approval of WHO, and Egyptian Medicine Organization with the following limits, 14 days have passed since the date of the second dose for Pfizer / AstraZeneca / Moderna / Sinopharm / Sinovac / Sputnik, 14 days have passed since the date of the first dose of Johnson and Johnson.
With regard to updating the requirements to be met with certificates of corona vaccination, and accepting certificates that do not contain a QR code if the following requirements are met:
- Approval and authentication of vaccination certificates issued in foreign countries that do not contain a QR code from the Egyptian embassy in those countries.
- Availing the official forms of vaccination certificates issued in those countries by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provided that the certificates issued by the Egyptian Ministry of Health and those countries are mutually recognized.
And in case of absence of the conditions referred to above, will apply the relevant periodic publications regarding the certificate of vaccination of the corona vaccine in the passenger’s possession and accepting the certificates approved in the countries (the issuing authority) without abrasion, writing off or adding and containing a QR code and Acceptance of these certificates after verifying their validity with the barcode reader and the certificate issuing authority.
Passenger arriving without COVID-19 vaccination certificate:
- All passengers "including Egyptians" travelling to Egypt MUST be in possession of negative PCR test (72) hours (before departure time of the last direct flight to Egypt).
- All children "regardless their nationalities" under 6 years old are exempted from PCR test.
- It includes the hour and the date of sampling, which is the date on which the 72 hours will be counted.
- Issued by an authorized accredited laboratory and with QR code on it and does not contain scraping, cancellation or addition.
- Indicating the type of sample taken for the swab.
- Indicating that the type of test is (RT - PCR).
- Certificate is accepted in Arabic or English language only.
- The RT-PCR certificate must be an original paper certificate (Copy is not allowed).
- International Passengers (who are travelling directly) to (Sharm el Sheikh / Taba / Hurghada / Marsa Alam / Luxor) airports who failed to submit a valid PCR test (72 hours before flight departure time), shall undergo the PCR test upon arrival to those airports with charge of 30 USD. “Those passengers will be isolated in their hotels till the PCR test result is received and "In case the PCR is positive, passenger will be self-isolated in his / her room at the hotel and to coordinate with the Egyptian Ministry of health".
• In the event of violating the above mentioned procedures, the necessary legal measures will be taken against the airline and a penalty of $1000 will be imposed by CAIRO International Airport Quarantine department.
**PCR test certificate EXPIRES as soon as the passenger used it to travel outside Egypt (as it can’t be used again to return back).