Guidelines for Healthy Flying with Freebird Airlines
At Home – Before Leaving to the Airport
- Check and ensure that you are fit to fly and free of COVID-19 disease symptoms (fever, cough and difficulty breathing). Please refer to the websites of your national and local health authorities or to the website of the World Health Organisation (WHO) for the latest information as they are updated regularly.
- Check and be familiar with measures taken and the rules in force and at your departure and destination airports.
- Make sure that you have enough personal masks and hygiene equipment for your entire journey. We recommend you wear a mask the moment you step out of your home. Since single use surgical face masks should be changed every four hours or when wet or soiled, you must bring extra masks and hygienic hand wipes to last you the duration of your journey. Used masks should be put into personal waste bag without touching the front surface of the mask.
- Check the size and weight of your hand luggage! In order to minimize physical contact with your environment, you can take personal and valuable belongings with you in the permitted size (max. 55x40x20 cm, max. 8 kg.) as cabin baggage.
- To compensate for the revised procedures, you are recommended to be 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure at the check-in counter.
Please be advised that the check-in counter closes 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
At the Departure Airport
- Follow the local rules in force at your departure airport. Respect social (physical) distancing rule and avoid crowd to protect yourself and others! Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and others. Minimize the use of facilities.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- While on the way to the departure gate, please allow additional time for the modified airport security and screening processes.