Information for Flight
These general terms and conditions for carriage shall apply for each contract of carriage in which Freebird is designated as the airline operator to perform the carriage. The carriage may be performed by another airline operator for operational or commercial reasons. Even if the carriage is performed by another airline operator, these general terms and conditions for carriage shall apply in respect of any contract of carriage in which Freebird is designated as the carrier.
Freebird shall provide the carriage only for the passenger who is indicated in the way bill (the ticket or any such other way bill issued otherwise).
Freebird shall not assume any liability whatsoever in respect of interruption of the system, any error, negligence, outage, deletion, loss, delay of the transaction or the communication, computer viruses, communication failures, theft, disposal or unauthorized access to or modification or use of the records, which might arise without any gross negligence of Freebird during the course of performance of the booking.Airfare
Airfare is the consideration for the carriage starting from the point of departure of the aircraft and ending at the destination. Any and all taxes, charges or such other fees, which would be imposed by any government, local authority or such other governmental agency or by any airport operator in connection with the passengers and/or in consequence of benefiting from any service whatsoever, shall be collected in addition to the airfare. The passengers shall be informed about any tax, fee and such other surcharge that is not included in the airfare at the time of purchasing the air service. Any increase with respect to the amount of any such tax, fee or surcharge, about which the passengers are informed, and which might arise following the purchase of the air service may be collected separately from the passengers, and the passengers may also be asked to pay the amount of any tax or fee that has not been collected.Payment
The fees, confirmed at the time of performance of the booking, shall be valid and effective only for the time and point of departure and arrival of the person for whom a confirmed booking is made. The entire amount of the payment must be paid at the time of performance of the booking.Way Bill / No Show / Cancellation
Freebird shall provide the carriage only for the passenger who is indicated in the way bill (the ticket or any such other way bill issued otherwise). The way bills may not be transferred to others. The carriage shall be provided only if and when a valid way bill, issued in the name of the respective passenger, and the document, proving the identity of such passenger, are presented.
Any booking made may not be transfered to others.
Any passenger, who asks for cancellation at a time when a period less than 2 hours has left for the scheduled flight or after the time of the Flight despite s/he has a way bill, shall be deemed as a passenger who has not attended the flight (no-show). In such case, only the Airport Tax shall be refunded to such passenger, if and when s/he asks to do so.
A contract of carriage may at any time be terminated by a passenger. Non-attendance to the flight (no-show) shall also be deemed as the termination of the contract.
In case of such termination, Freebird shall be entitled to ask for the payment of the amount as agreed under the contract. The indemnity amount, to which Freebird shall become entitled due to such termination, may vary depending on the airfare. The penalties listed herein below shall apply in case of termination of the contract. In respect of calculation of the amount of the penalties for termination of the contract, the airfare shall be taken as the basis, and the service fee shall neither be included in such calculation nor be refunded.Conditions For Cancellation and Refund;
In respect of calculation of the fee for the cancellation, the airfare shall be taken as the basis, and the service fee shall be deducted from such amount. No service fee shall be refunded.
|Time Remaining Until the Departure||Less than 48 hours remaining to the flight||More than 48 hours but less than 7 days remaining to the flight||More than 7 days remaining to the flight|
|Cancellation of flight||100% penalty||80% penalty||65% penalty|
Any passenger shall be obliged to be present in front of the Check-in/Counter 2 hours before the time of departure of the flight, unless s/he has been notified of any other time for being present for her/his flight.Travel Documents
The passenger shall be obliged to obtain the travel documents and visas as required for the travel, and also to comply with any and all regulations applicable at the countries of departure, arrival and transit, and the liability thereto shall remain with the passengers. Freebird shall assume no liability whatsoever for the consequences of any problem that might result from any reason such as any failure to comply with the regulations or instructions/directives that are required to be taken into account, or any negligence or any failure to obtain the necessary documentation. The entry-exit documentation, medical documentation and such other documents that are required as per the regulations applicable in the countries to be travelled must be made available before the travel, and any such document must be presented if and when so requested with respect to the course of performance of the travel. In the event that such applicable regulations are not complied with, or that such documentation is missing, then Freebird shall not be liable for any loss or expense that would arise for any failure to comply with such regulations, and Freebird shall be entitled to refuse to carry in case of any non-compliance with the regulations, or missing documentation.Violation of the Regulations For Entering a Country and Legal Consequences Thereof
In the event that any passenger is not admitted to enter a country by such country, then Freebird shall hold such passenger liable for the payment of any penalty that would be imposed on Freebird by such country. In the event that a passenger could not enter a country (either transit or the country of destination), then such airfare shall be paid by such passenger if and when Freebird becomes obliged to fly such passenger to the country of departure or to any other location whatsoever as per the orders of the governmental agencies. The fees paid by such passenger for the non-utilized portion of the carriage, or such other funds, held by Freebird and owned by such passenger, may be used for the purpose of payment of such airfare. The airfare, paid for carriage to such location where the passenger is rejected or disembarked, shall not be refunded.
In the event that Freebird becomes obliged to pay any penalty or make any deposit payment or incur any such other expense due to any failure by a passenger to monitor the applicable regulations of the respective country with respect to the entry-exit travels, or to make available the necessary documentation as per the applicable regulations thereto, then such passenger shall be obliged to reimburse the amount of such expenses to Freebird upon the demand thereto. Freebird may make use of such other funds, held by Freebird and owned by such passenger, for the purpose of covering any such expense that might arise. The amounts of such penalties may vary depending on the respective country, and such amounts may be higher than the airfare that has been paid.Flight Schedules and Change of Time of Departure
The departure times as indicated on the flight schedules shall not constitute an integer part of the contract of carriage, and any change may be made with respect to such times between the date of issuance and the date of booking or travel. Before accepting any request for booking, Freebird shall provide information about the then current scheduled time of departure. Unless the definite time of departure is indicated at the time of performance of the booking, Freebird shall not be obliged to initiate the flight at the previously determined time of departure, but to perform the carriage on the date of transportation as indicated at the time of performance of the booking. The passengers shall be informed as soon as the departure time will have been finalized. Freebird shall make its efforts to keep any change with respect to the departure times at the minimum level, and it shall notify the passengers of any such change beforehand as far as possible. The announced departure times may be changed at a reasonable level due to the operational reasons. In respect of any booked carriage, Freebird shall be entitled to change the aircraft, and subcontract the carriage, either wholly or partially, to any third party, provided that it shall remain liable also in future. In case of any interchange with another airline company, the passenger shall be informed about such interchange and the identity of such other airline operator as soon as possible but in any case at the time of embarkation at the latest.PASSENGER’S CONDUCT
If your conduct on board is such that you pose a risk to the aircraft or to persons or items of property on board, that you interfere with the crew’s carrying out their official duties or refuse to follow the crew’s orders including orders pertaining to the ban on smoking, use of alcohol or drugs, or that you are a nuisance to or injure other passengers or members of the crew we reserve the right to take all necessary steps to prevent such conduct including handcuffing, or to refuse to carry the passenger.RESTRICTION/REFUSAL OF CARRIAGE PASSENGER AND BAGGAGE
Freebird Airlines is entitled to refuse or discontinue the carriage or ongoing carriage of a passenger or a passenger’s baggage if one or more of the following criteria are satisfied:
- The passenger behaves in such a way on board or prior to boarding the aircraft that
- the aircraft, any person or items on board are endangered, or
- the crew members are prevented from carrying out their duties, or
- the passenger fails to comply with the instructions of the crew, in particular with regard to smoking, the consumption of alcohol or drugs, or
- the passenger’s behaviour is an unacceptable nuisance for the other passengers or the crew, or leads to damage or injury,
- there is reason to believe that the passenger will perform one of the above acts;
- Carriage would be in violation of applicable law, regulations or conditions imposed by the departure, destination or overflown country;
- Carriage would endanger the safety, orderly carriage or health of the other passengers or the crew or constitutes an unacceptable nuisance for the other passengers or crew
- The passenger’s mental or physical condition, including any impairment caused by alcohol or drugs, constitutes a risk for the passenger himself, for other passengers, for members of the crew or for items of property;
- The passenger refuses any security checks of his person or his baggage which are necessary for security reasons;
- The valid airfare, any applicable taxes or surcharges have not been paid, including such charges for previous flights;
- The passenger is not in possession of all the documents required to enter/leave the destination country, is not in possession of valid travel documents, destroys his travel documents during the flight or refuses to hand over the travel documents on request by the crew in return for confirmation of receipt;
- The passenger fails to comply with any regulations necessary for execution of the journey (e.g. passport, visa and health regulations, including regulations which apply to any accompanying pet);
- The passenger does not state a booking number or states an incorrect booking number, or the booking for the booking number stated by the passenger does not match the identification document presented by the passenger, or the passenger cannot prove that he is the person for whom the booking was made;
- The passenger infringes safety / security instructions of Freebird Airlines or instructions issued by Freebird Airlines within the scope of their rights as operator of the aircraft;
- The passenger is carrying prohibited baggage items;
- The passenger has in the past already committed one of the above acts or omissions which endangered the safety, orderly carriage or health of the other passengers, the members of the crew, or the property of Freebird Airlines, or if Freebird Airlines has banned the passenger from entering its premises.
- In the cases specified under the above, Freebird Airlines is entitled to take any reasonable necessary steps to prevent further consequences of such behavior. If necessary to ensure safe execution of the flight or to protect passengers and crew, Freebird Airlines is entitled to order the passenger to leave the aircraft, to refuse further carriage of the passenger on any connecting flights at any location or to refuse to carry the passenger on its entire route network. The pilot in command is further entitled to take all reasonable and necessary steps to maintain and/or restore safety and order on board. Criminal and civil proceedings will be taken against any passengers who commit such an offence on board an aircraft.
All Freebird Airlines flights are non-smoking. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the aircraft and during the entire stay on board. Electronic Cigarettes is also prohibited in all of the aircraft and during the entire stay on board.SICK PASSENGER
The transport by air can lead to health risk. Sick passengers shall only be accepted if they hold a written flight authorization / health report by a medical doctor (preferable in English). Passengers requesting / requiring assistance for boarding / disembarking and / or requiring unforeseeable medical aid shall normally not be charged for the additional services.
Whenever a certificate for fit to travel by air from a medical doctor is required, this certificate shall also contain a statement about the necessity of an accompanying person/attendance. If the certificate state such a necessity, passengers shall provide their own accompanying person / attendance.CARRIAGE OF BAGGAGE
The baggage allowance to be carried free of charge is clearly indicated on the way bill (the ticket or any such other way bill issued otherwise). Carriage of any baggage that is in excess of the baggage allowance granted for the passengers, or of any special baggage shall be subject to surcharge. Excess baggage allowance or special baggage (golf bags, etc.) allowance may be purchased through the website of Freebird for any excess baggage in excess of the baggage allowance as indicated in the contract of carriage.MAXIMUM SINGLE ITEM WEIGHT
No single piece of checked baggage can be accepted over 32 kg.
If presented, the passenger must:
a) Repack it into more pieces, each weighing less than 32 kg., or
b) Send it as cargo.
Random checks are carried out at the check-in. Pointed and sharp items (e.g. knives, scissors, manicure kits and similar items) must not be carried in hand language but instead have to be carried in checked baggage. Freebird Airlines can neither be held responsible for items rejected at airport security checks nor does it have a storage duty.
One item of hand baggage up to a maximum weight of 8 kg can be carried free of charge.
If the permissible maximum weight for hand baggage is exceeded, Freebird Airlines is entitled to demand payment of an excess baggage charge. The dimensions of the hand baggage must not exceed 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm. Owing to the limited space available and for safety reasons, only one item of hand baggage per passenger is permitted.
Further items which can be carried free of charge as hand baggage and taken on board are listed below. In case of lack of space in the cabin, these items must be carried as checked baggage.
- 1 handbag suitable for the journey
- 1 coat or wrap, scarf, shawl or blanket
- 1 shopping bag containing items purchased in duty-free shops
- 1 umbrella (except those with a pointed tip) or walking stick
- 1 small camera or binoculars
- books and magazines for reading during the flight
- baby food,
- 1 laptop
In accordance with EG regulation 1546/2006, on all flights departing in Europe (including international flights), liquids, pressurized containers (e.g. sprays), pastes, lotions, and other gel-type substances are only allowed to be carried in hand luggage up to a maximum of 100 ml per packaging unit, which is determined by the quantity printed on the pack. Individual containers must fit into a re-closable, transparent plastic bag with a maximum capacity of 1 liter and will be checked. One bag per passenger is permitted. Special rules apply to medication and baby food. Various non-EU-states have passed identical or similar regulations. Further information is available to passengers from us or our authorized agents.PROHIBITED BAGGAGE ITEMS
Passengers are not permitted to carry sharp, pointed or dangerous objects such as knives, penknives, razor blades or knitting needles as hand baggage. Such items can however be carried as hold baggage. If the security staff discover such items during the security check, the items may be destroyed, and the owner will not be entitled to replacement. Freebird Airlines assumes no liability whatsoever for the loss of such items.
Dangerous substances are defined as all substances which constitute a risk to the health, safety or property of third parties when carried on board. Baggage containing dangerous substances is subject to national and international regulations. Such freight must be appropriately labelled and clearly state the contents of the dangerous substances.
For safety reasons, passengers are not permitted to carry the following items in restricted areas or on board:
- Weapons, guns or firearms of any kind whatsoever (pistols, six-shot guns, revolvers, rifles, shotguns of any kind, objects of any kind which are or appear capable of causing injury or discharging a projectile, replica and imitation firearms, component parts of firearms (excluding telescopic sighting devices and sights), air guns, pellet guns, signal flare pistols, starter pistols, toy guns of all kinds, BB soft guns, industrial rifle mechanisms, bolt and nail guns, cross bows and arrows, harpoons and harpoon launchers, slings or catapults, spear guns, spears, spikes, underwater guns, hunting rifles, stun or shocking devices, cattle prods, stun guns, ballistic conducted energy weapons (taser), lighters shaped like a firearm;
- Pointed and/or sharp objects capable of causing injury, such as weapons with pointed/sharp edges or tips, sharp objects, axes, arrows, darts, hooks, clamps, strips of hooks, hook-shaped iron bars, crampons, crampon spikes, spears, lances, ice axes, chisels, knives with retractable blades of any length or made of any metals, including knives used for ceremonial, religious or hunting functions which are strong enough to be used as a potential weapon, flick knives, lockable knives, sabers, meat cleavers, machetes, open razors, with the exception of safety or disposable razors with blades enclosed in a cartridge, swords, bayonets, swordsticks, bistouries, scalpels, surgical knives, sharp scissors, ski and walking/hiking poles, bars, throwing stars, signal flares, drills, cutters, gimlets, screwdrivers, bits for drills and screwdrivers, carpet knives, wire cutters, nippers, box cutters, utility knives and penknives, maintenance and repair tools of all kinds which can be used as a sharp and/or pointed weapon, including saws of all kinds, screwdrivers, crowbars, levers, cranks, chisels, caltrops, claw hammers, hammers, mallets, pincers, long-nose pliers, wrenches/spanners, adjustable wrenches/spanners, blow torches, welding equipment, diving lamps etc.
- Blunt objects that are capable of causing injury, including tennis racquets, baseball and softball bats, hard or flexible golf clubs, rubber batons, sticks, bars, cashes, bats of any kinds (thick and short clubs with flexible leather grip),
- Clubs, hooks, walking-nordic sticks, cricket bats, hockey and hurling sticks, lacrosse sticks, snowboards and canoe paddles, skateboards, billiard cues, fishing rods, knuckle dusters, clubs, cashes, martial arts equipment such as daggers and swords;
- Objects which pose a risk to the health of passengers or crew, the safety of the aircraft and its cargo: explosives, flammable substances such as ammunition, blasting caps, detonators, fuses, other detonating devices, smoke cartridges, slow match wicks, explosive substances and explosive devices, replica or imitation explosive material or devices, explosive military devices such as mines, hand grenades, gases such as butane, propane, acetylene and oxygen and their containers, fireworks, flares of all kinds and other pyrotechnics, non-safety matches, tobacco tins or boxes made of metal or tin, flammable liquid fuel, such as petrol/gasoline, diesel, alcohol, ethanol, aerosols, turpentine, white spirit, turpentine oil, thinning agents, flammable liquids such as paint thinner, alcoholic beverages exceeding 70 % by volume;
- Chemical or toxic substances which pose a risk to the health of passengers and crew or the safety of the aircraft and its cargo: corrosive substances, such as mercury and chlorine in thermometers, spill able batteries, acids, alkalis, bleaching agents such as bleach and whiteners, disabling or incapacitating sprays, such as pepper spray, tear gas, radioactive material such as medicinal or commercial isotopes, infectious or biologically hazardous materials such as infected blood, bacteria and viruses, unless carried in accordance with the regulations of the emergency and fire protection plan for the aircraft, materials such as fire extinguishers, which are capable of ignition or heating as a result of oxidation.
Flammable, combustible, abrasive, toxic, oxidizing, explosive, radioactive, infectious, self-igniting, reactive substances, substances which are hazardous on exposure to moisture and compressed gases, organic peroxides and hazardous objects containing these substances and other materials which require inspection, explosives, cartridges, fuses, blasting caps, slow match wicks, detonators, hand grenades, mines, propane or butane gas, flammable liquids such as petrol/gasoline, methanol, methyl alcohol and combustible liquids, devices and tools, such as camping gas cylinders containing these substances, flammable solids, reactive substances such as magnesium, firelighters, fireworks, flares, sparklers, bleaching agents, whiteners, oxidants, e.g. in car body repair kits, organic peroxides, rat poison, toxic or infectious substances such as infected blood, radioactive substances including medicinal or commercial isotopes, mercury, motor vehicle batteries, abrasives, such as components of motor vehicle fuel systems containing fuel are PROHIBITED FROM CARRIAGE.Hoverboards, segways, solowheels, airwheels, balance wheels, or other portable vehicles that work with a lithium battery are forbidden on our flights, either in the cabin or as hold baggage.
All sharp objects contained in checked baggage must be securely packed to protect ground staff and other employees.
Explosive items such as paints, fireworks, crackers, objects with a combustion engine, such as power saws, model airplanes, lawnmowers, radioactive substances may neither be carried as hand baggage or as checked baggage.
Cigarette lighters and matches are forbidden in checked and carry-on baggage; they must be carried on the person. Spare lithium batteries are restricted to carry-on baggage; they are forbidden in checked baggage.Lithium Battery-Powered Lighters; Battery-powered lighters powered by a lithium ion or lithium metal battery (e.g. laser plasma lighters, tesla coil lighters, flux lighters, arc lighters and double arc lighters) without a safety cap or means of protection against unintentional activation.
REFUSAL TO CARRY BAGGAGE
Freebird Airlines is entitled to refuse the carriage of baggage which is so inadequately packed that damage cannot be ruled out despite exercise of the usual care.RIGHT OF SEARCH
For reasons of safety and security, Freebird Airlines may request the passenger to permit a search to made of his or her person and his or her baggage, and may search or have searched the passenger's baggage in his or her absence if the passenger is not available, for the purpose of determining whether he or she is in position of or whether his or her baggage contains any items described in 2.4 Prohibited Baggage Items above or any arms or munitions which have not been presented to Freebird Airlines. If the passenger is unwilling to comply with such request Freebird Airlines may refuse to carry the passenger or baggage.
The baggage allowance to be carried free of charge is clearly indicated on the way bill (the ticket or any such other way bill issued otherwise). Carriage of any baggage that is in excess of the baggage allowance granted for the passengers, or of any special baggage shall be subject to surcharge. Excess baggage allowance or special baggage (golf bags, etc.) allowance may be purchased through the website of Freebird for any excess baggage in excess of the baggage allowance as indicated in the contract of carriage. More information is available here.
Seats on international flights may be reserved up to 6 hours prior to departure via www.freebirdairlines.com. The service is available for Freebird Airlines flights with Freebird Airlines Flight number (FH/FHY) and Freebird Airlines aircraft.The following terms and conditions apply to seat selection which is paid in advance:
- No seat selection is possible in connection with an optional reservation. The seat can be selected either during or after the purchase of the ticket. (If the seat selection charge is not paid for the reserved seat, the reservation will automatically be cancelled shortly afterwards).
- Cancellation of seat reservation and refund are not possible.
- For the safety requirements, the following persons are not permitted to sit in the exit row at emergency exits:
- infants (age under 2) and children (age under 12)
- expectant mothers
- passengers carrying a pet in the cabin
- persons with a physical and/or mental disability
- persons whose mobility is impaired owing to their physical size, illness or age.
- Anyone reserving a seat at an emergency exit confirms that the above criteria do not apply to the booked passengers. If that is not the case, Freebird Airlines is entitled to re-allocate any passenger reserved a seat at emergency exit rows but contained in the scope of above criteria.
- Disabled passengers always take precedence over other passengers, subject to the applicable safety standards.
- Disabled persons, children or persons with limited mobility are not allowed to take a seat near the emergency exits.
- Any infant (less than 2 years old) shall be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age (unless he/she is the parent of the infant.)
- Any child (less than 12 years old) shall be accompanied by an adult unless the child is traveling as an unaccompanied minor.
Charges are payable for the carriage of special baggage. This includes sports equipment (golfing and diving equipment, bicycles, body boards, surf boards, skiing equipment etc.) and pets. The carriage of pets is also governed by the national statutory regulations and the IATA Live Animals Regulation on the transport of pets. Pets must be transported in a suitable, closed, waterproof and secure pet carrier in the cabin. The weight, inclusive of the carrier, must not exceed 8 kg. Owing to the limited space available and for safety reasons, passengers are entitled to demand the carriage of pets only if the airline has been notified at the time of booking and has confirmed the carriage. The passenger is responsible for compliance with all relevant requirements relating to vaccination papers,health certificates and any documents required for entry into the destination country. If these requirements are not satisfied or cannot be proved, Freebird Airlines is entitled to refuse carriage of the pet.Please note that the transport of pets in the hold is not permissible under any circumstances.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, pets are defined exclusively as dogs and cats and must be carried in pet carriers measuring 55x40x20 cm; the passenger is responsible for providing the pet carrier.
- Cats and dogs have to be at least 10 weeks old and have the required vaccinations. Kittens or puppies between 10 weeks and 12 weeks old may only be transported with the express permission of their veterinarian.
- The animal must stay in the closed kennel during the entire flight. The kennel shall be stored in front of or beneath seat of the respective passenger.
- Pets that are pregnant will not be permitted on the aircraft.
- The passenger is obliged to present the pet’s health certificate, vaccination papers and identification document. The period of validity of the vaccination against rabies starts not less than 21 days from the completion of the vaccination protocol for the primary vaccination, and any subsequent vaccination was carried out within the period of validity of the preceding vaccination.
- The total weight of the pet, inclusive of the carrier, must not be more than 8 kg up to 2 animals
- Irrespective of the weight, pets are defined exclusively as dogs, cats and birds (except rodent) can be carried in the cabin on any one flight.
- The pet must be healthy, tame, and clean and must not smell.
- If the pet shows any suspicious behavior (restless, aggressive, sick etc.) the airport staff reserves the right not to allow the pet to fly.
- A guide dog, accompanying a blind or deaf passenger, shall be accommodated in the cabin and is always free of charge.
- Wild animals are not allowed in cabin such as snakes, reptiles, tigers, lions etc.
- Only one cage per passenger will be allowed to carry on board.
- Maximum 6 pets can be carried in the passenger cabin.
A guide dog, accompanying a blind or deaf passenger, shall be accommodated in the cabin and is always free of charge.The following items may not be carried in checked baggage:
- money, jewelry, precious metals, cameras, mobile phones, electronic devices, e.g. laptops or PCs, business papers etc.
- passports and other identification documents, product samples or valuables, i.e. items with a value of more than EUR 300 (value at the time of purchase) with the exception of items of clothing.
In accordance with Art. 20 of the Montreal Convention and/or Art. 20 and 21 of the Warsaw Convention, Freebird Airlines accepts no liability for damage or loss of items carried in checked baggage in contravention of the foregoing provisions. The foregoing liability disclaimer also applies to any potential consequential damage and indirect damage resulting from the transport of such items in checked baggage.
The unauthorized use of electronic devices, including but not limited to laptops, PDAs, CD players, electronic games or transmission devices, remote-controlled toys and walkie-talkies is prohibited on board the aircraft and may constitute a criminal offence. The use of hearing aids and pacemakers is, of course, permitted.
Mobile phones, smartphones or similar portable electronic devices with an antenna have in general embedded functionalities (e.g. games, camera, video, agenda, e-mail, media player, and many other functionalities). These may not be used unless the device can be turned in airplane mode. The airplane mode disables the built-in antenna and transmitting functionality and makes it therefore possible to use the device in an airplane.
The usage of phone or transmitting functionalities of the portable electronic devices is not permitted at any time during the flight
Immediately inform the cabin crew when a battery or device is damaged, hot, produces smoke, is lost, or falls into the seat structure during flight.
Keep the battery or device where it can be observed, switched off (not in sleep or hibernation mode), protected from accidental activation (also disabling any features that may switch it on, e.g., alarms), and not to be charged at any time.
You can reserve your seats and purchase special baggages and extra weight allowances up to 6 hours, order menus and special meals up to 72 hours before scheduled flight time.Can I cancel the seat that I've purchased?
If you change or cancel your reserved seat, you can not get a refund or transfer your seat to someone else.Can I cancel a food order?
If you change or cancel your food order, you can not get a refund or transfer your food order to someone else.Can I cancel the baggage allowance I've purchased?
If you cancel your excess baggage allowance, you can not get a refund or transfer your baggage allowance to someone else.Can I cancel the special equipment that I've purchased?
If you cancel your special equipment purchase, you can not get a refund or transfer your special equipment to someone else.
Freebird Airlines shall issue any baggage tag for each part as of delivery of the baggage, to be checked, to Freebird Airlines, and it shall keep and maintain the baggage.
In the event that no tag, stating the full name and address details, is attached to the baggage, then the passengers shall attach any letter or tag, which states their personal records, before delivery of the baggage.
The passengers shall be obliged to obtain and keep any baggage tag for each checked baggage, and to check the details available on such tag; otherwise, Freebird Airlines shall not be liable for any damage arising from transportation of such baggage.
The checked baggage may resist to the ordinary use, and it may also protect the contents of the baggage.
Freebird Airlines shall not be liable for any pollution/contamination, friction, wear and tear, and the other damages, as a consequence of delivery of the items, which are not covered by the definition of baggage due to their nature, in an unprotected manner.
Before delivery of television and other fragile items, which are requested to be transported as the checked baggage, the passengers shall sign a certificate of release, stating that Freebird Airlines shall not be liable for transportation of such items, upon the request. In any case, Freebird Airlines may right to deny transportation of such items.
The passengers are required to attach any tag, stating the full name and address details, on the wheelchairs before delivery of such items as baggage.
The checked baggage shall be transported on board the same aircraft as the passenger, where possible, unless Freebird Airlines decides transportation of such baggage through any other flight based on the safety or security reasons or operational requirements. In the event that any passenger's baggage is to be transported through any other flight, then Freebird Airlines shall deliver such baggage to the relevant passenger as per the applicable regulations, unless it is not required to be subjected to the customs clearance.
You can travel together with your infant, who are over 7 days old and under 2 years old, by utilizing the discount ticket advantages we offer for our infant passengers. The infants, who are under 7 years old, shall never be admitted to the flight.
Our infant passengers may only travel with any accompanying person. The accompanying persons are required to be minimum 18 years old, and each accompanying person may accompany one infant only. Our infant passengers shall travel on the lap of their accompanying person, by fastening the special infant belt. Any mother or father, or any adult, who is 18 years old and over, may accompany maximum one infant for each flight. In the event that any parent requests to travel together with more than one infant, then it shall be ensured that the first infant passenger travels on the lap through the infant ticket, and that the second infant passenger travels on any individual seat through the child ticket in consideration of a fee. The stroller/child safety seat shall be provided by the passengers in order to fasten/secure the other infant with the safety belt on the seat. We may only transport the pushchairs in the cargo compartment of the aircraft. However, our infant passengers may be brought up to the door of the aircraft by means of their pushchair, and the pushchair may be delivered to the officers by the accompanying person while boarding. The pushchair of our infant passengers shall be disembarked from the aircraft upon completion of the flight, and it shall be delivered to the accompanying person.
You can carry liquid or solid baby food in the amount to satisfy need of your infant, inside the containers of maximum 100 ml. The infant passengers have the baggage allowance of 10 kg.
Our child passengers, who are over 2 years old and under 12 years old, may travel together with their parents and/or any adult accompanying person, who is authorized by their parents for such purpose.
The baggage allowance of our child passengers, who travel through the discount ticket, shall be the same as our adult passengers.
We may only transport the pushchairs in the cargo compartment of the aircraft. However, our infant passengers may be brought up to the door of the aircraft by means of their pushchair, and the pushchair may be delivered to the officers by the accompanying person while boarding. The pushchair of our infant passengers shall be disembarked from the aircraft upon completion of the flight, and it shall be delivered to the accompanying person.
In the event that you cannot travel together with your child, or that you cannot find any person in order to travel together with your child, then we may assign any accompanying person provided that any and all flight costs shall be borne by you.
Any cabin crew member, whom we assign as accompanying person, and the station officers shall ensure that your child completes her/his flight in a secure manner. Our personnel assigned shall meet any and all needs of your child during her/his travel, and s/he shall deliver your child to any adult available in the arrival point.
Our child passengers, who are over 5 years old and under 12 years old, may also travel without any accompanying person in compliance with the following process. Maximum 4 children may travel without any accompanying person for each flight.
- The child passengers, who travel without their accompanying person, shall be prioritized. However, you should ensure that your child will be available in the airport 2 hours before the flight.
- The authorized personnel shall ensure that you sign the necessary documentation during the check-in process, and s/he shall inform you about the process.
- Our child passengers shall be boarded together with the accompanying person upon completion of the check-in and documentation processes.
- Before leaving the airport, you should be sure that the flight of your child starts.
- Any cabin crew member shall deliver the child passenger to our personnel welcoming the aircraft in the arrival point. Such personnel shall deliver your child to the person, requested by you, against her/his signature upon completion of the customs and baggage processes.
The passengers hereby acknowledge that their personal information is provided to Freebird Airlines for the purpose of performing the booking processes for the transportation, purchasing any ticket, utilizing the services, providing and developing the services, facilitating the immigration and entry requirements, and making such information for governmental authorities. Thus, the passengers shall authorize Freebird Airlines to keep such information, and to transfer such information to the its offices, partners, authorized agents, governmental authorities, other carriers or those who provide such service, regardless of the country.
It is prescribed that collection of some personal information is necessary to perform booking processes and fulfill the contract of carriage. The passengers may exercise their right to raise an objection for collection and processing of their information; however, such passengers should be informed about the fact that such matter will cause cancellation of their flight, or that it will cause such passengers not to utilize the certain ancillary services (e.g. special meals, etc.). It is stated that lack of certain personal information or incorrectness of the information provided may cause to decide the denied boarding or non-admission to any country in accordance with the certain applicable laws and regulations. Consequently, Freebird Airlines shall not be subjected to any liability.
As Freebird Airlines, we aim to ensure that passengers traveling while pregnant have a safe, comfortable and smooth flight experience. We recommend all our pregnant passengers to read the detailed travel information stated below.
|Single Pregnancy||Carrying Rules|
|Until 28 weeks||Medical approval is not necessary.|
|Between 28-36 weeks||Doctor reports are to be submitted indicating that the passenger can fly.The date of the report shall be within the last 7 days|
|After 37 weeks||The passenger shall not accepted.|
|Pregnancy for twins or more||Carrying Rules|
|Until 28 weeks||Medical approval is not necessary.|
|Between 28-32 weeks||Doctor reports are to be submitted indicating that the passenger can fly.The date of the report shall be within the last 7 days.|
|After 33 weeks||The passenger shall not accepted.|
***Expectant mothers are responsible for deciding themselves whether or not their health permits them to fly; if they have any doubts, expectant mothers are advised to consult their doctor before flying.
***A certificate issued before that date will not be accepted. The doctor's certificate should confirm that the passenger is fit to fly despite the pregnancy. The certificate shall be signed and stamped by the passenger's doctor.
***If the passenger has booked an outbound and return flight, Freebird Airlines is entitled to refuse carriage on the outbound flight if necessary.
In order to improve the travel experiences of our passengers with reduced mobility, we kindly ask them to contact us by e-mail via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you make a booking through the agency of any third party (e.g.: tour operators and agents), some of the services may differ.